Porthkerry Park Project
The Porthkerry Park Project is an environmental project run by Innovate Trust and funded by The Waterloo Foundation. The Porthkerry Park Project supports adults with learning disabilities and mental health problems to take part in environmental activities based at Porthkerry Country Park. This project is due to start in late summer of 2022.
About the project
- Hay raking
- Stream clearance
- Tree care
- Planting trees and flowers
- Litter picking
- Cutting back and removing invasive plants
- You’ll be helping the environment
- You’ll learn practical conservation skills like how to use tools correctly and how to plant trees
- You’ll learn about nature, wildlife and the environment
- You’ll improve your fitness
- You’ll meet new people and make friends!
- To join the Porthkerry Park Project, please contact us on 02920 382 151 or use the contact form below.
How to get involved
The project aims to educate people with learning disabilities about about the causes and consequences of climate change and what steps they can take to reduce their impact.