About the project
- Practical conservation work sessions with the Cardiff and Vale rangers to look after the local parks and nature reserves
- Educational activities to learn about the environment, recycling and composting
- Litter picking
- Wildlife surveys
- Working with community groups to make Cardiff and the Vale greener
- You’ll be helping the environment
- You’ll learn practical conservation skills like how to use tools correctly and how to plant trees
- You’ll learn about nature, wildlife and the environment
- You’ll improve your fitness
- You’ll meet new people and make friends!
We can match you with a volunteer who’ll support you to get to other environmental volunteering opportunities around Cardiff and the Vale. Your volunteer buddy can help you travel to the activity and provide support and encouragement during the session.
To join Boosting Nature, please contact us on 02920 382 151 or by using the contact form below.
How to get involved
The project aims to educate people with learning disabilities about about the causes and consequences of climate change and what steps they can take to reduce their impact.